Disposing of prescription drugs properly is critical. Taking an expired prescription or one that is not meant for you, can lead to
Saturday, April 28th is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
Arkansas is working to keep prescription drugs from hitting the streets by way of medicine cabinets. Each year law enforcement agencies see an increase in prescription drugs being illegally taken from family medicine cabinets and sold in the open market.
There are a number of drop off locations, at area law enforcement agencies, where unused prescription drugs can be dropped off and disposed of in a safe, convenient and responsible way. Everyone is urged to check their medicines and take expired or leftover prescriptions to one of the local drop-off locations.
Here is a list for our area:
1. Boone County Sheriff's Office 5800 Law Dr, Harrison Phone: 870-741-8404
2. Harrison Police Department 116 N Spring St, Harrison Phone: 870-741-5463
3. Newton County Sheriff's Office 401 North Spring St, Jasper Phone: 870-446-5124
4. Marion County Sheriff's Office 491 US-62, Yellville Phone: 870-449-4236
5. Carroll County Sheriff's Office 205 Hailey Rd., Berryville Phone: 870-423-2901
6. Lakeview Police Department - Lakeview City Hall 14 Skyles Ln, Lakeview Phone: 870-431-8744
7. District Court House--Marshall Police Department 108 College St, Marshall Phone: 870-448-5411
8. Marshall Police Department 200 College St, Marshall Phone: 870-448-2888
9. Searcy County Sheriff's Office 208 Factory Rd, Marshall Phone: 870-448-2340
For a complete list of locations please go to the AR Take Back website: http://www.artakeback.org/index.html