Disposing of prescription drugs properly is critical. Taking an expired prescription or one that is not meant for you, can lead to
Saturday, April 28th is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
Arkansas is working to keep prescription drugs from hitting the streets by way of medicine cabinets. Each year law enforcement agencies see an increase in prescription drugs being illegally taken from family medicine cabinets and sold in the open market.
There are a number of drop off locations, at area law enforcement agencies, where unused prescription drugs can be dropped off and disposed of in a safe, convenient and responsible way. Everyone is urged to check their medicines and take expired or leftover prescriptions to one of the local drop-off locations.
Here is a list for our area:
1. Boone County Sheriff's Office
5800 Law Dr, Harrison
2. Harrison Police Department
116 N Spring St, Harrison
3. Newton County Sheriff's Office
401 North Spring St, Jasper
4. Marion County Sheriff's Office
491 US-62, Yellville
5. Carroll County Sheriff's Office
205 Hailey Rd., Berryville
6. Lakeview Police Department - Lakeview City Hall
14 Skyles Ln, Lakeview
7. District Court House--Marshall Police Department
108 College St, Marshall
8. Marshall Police Department
200 College St, Marshall
9. Searcy County Sheriff's Office
208 Factory Rd, Marshall
For a complete list of locations please go to the AR Take Back website: http://www.artakeback.org/index.html