Every day, North Arkansas Regional Medical Center is filled with dozens of women in pink jackets and men in red vests that volunteer throughout the facility. Volunteers also run NARMC’s Auxiliary Thrift Store, which is a major funding mechanism for the NARMC Auxiliary.
During the Auxiliary’s past fiscal year, which runs from April 1 to March 31, the volunteers served more than 37,000 hours and created two new service opportunities in the NARMC business office and GI Lab. The auxiliary awarded a total of $7,000 in scholarships to students receiving healthcare degrees. Sixteen new volunteers were recruited last year, bringing the auxiliary to a total of 134 active volunteers.
New officers were inducted to the auxiliary board for 2018, including, Sam Kekaha, President; Jerry Jones, Vice President; Helen Kirkman, Secretary; and Peggy Jackson, Treasurer.
During the auxiliary’s April meeting, the following volunteers received service pins:
The auxiliary also welcomed new members Susan Timbrook and Diana Robb.
NARMC is an innovative, non-profit healthcare system consisting of a central hospital in Harrison, Arkansas, and 18 clinics serving the rural communities of North Arkansas. More than 850 NARMC employees, including 32 physicians, physician’s assistants and APRNs, work together to provide a comprehensive range of healthcare services. As one of the Top 100 Rural Hospitals in the nation according to the Rural Health Policy Institute, NARMC has earned numerous 5-Star ratings from Healthgrades and consistently ranks high in patient satisfaction in Press Ganey ratings. A two-time recipient of the Arkansas Governor’s Quality Achievement Award, NARMC is committed to providing the best in care, close to home.
Photo captions: Service Pins (00.05.45) (L to R) Marilyn Hinson (1000 hours), Kathy Fox (2000 hours), Doris Darter (100 hours), and Addie Delopez (500 hours) received their Service Pins from Sam Kekaha, president of the NARMC Auxiliary at the April Meeting.
Officer photo: (L to R) Jerry Jones, vice president; Sam Kekaha, president; Helen Kirkham, secretary; and Peggy Jackson, treasurer